Excel-Air Services, Inc.
Position Title: Aviation Maintenance Technician (full-time)
Location: Jasper County Airport (KRZL), Rensselaer, Indiana
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 A.M. – 4 P.M.
Application Deadline: July 3rd
• Performance of annual inspections on a variety of general aviation aircraft with a strong focus on Grumman American.
• Major and minor repairs of sheet metal/structural repair work.
• Light weight involvement with avionics installs and modifications.
• Major and minor repairs to reciprocating aircraft engines.
• Performance of installations of supplemental type certificate kits/modifications.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• A&P Mechanic License
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Able to trouble-shoot, diagnose electrical/hydraulic issues.
• Strong detail orientation and an appreciation for the necessity of accuracy.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Able to work alongside customers. Able to work effectively under pressure.
• Work at a small, general aviation airport in a friendly Midwest environment. Lots of interaction with customers on owner-assisted annuals and repair work.
If interested, please send resume to:
John Sjaardema, I.A.
Excel-Air Services, Inc. – Jasper County Airport (KRZL) – 2326 W. Clark St. Rensselaer, IN 47978
About Excel-Air Services, Inc.
Located in Rensselaer, Indiana, Excel-Air Services, Inc. is a leader in the general aviation industry providing quality aircraft modification & maintenance services and is known world-wide in our specialization in Grummans. Excel-Air has been servicing aircraft for nearly 40 years, and has a technician staff with more than 90 years combined experience in aircraft maintenance.
Owner John Sjaardema received his A&P license in 1972, his IA in 1976, then served as a missionary & mechanic/pilot in Nigeria until 1982. After returning to the U.S., he started his own aircraft maintenance company in Kentland, IN, then moved it to DeMotte, IN where Excel-Air Services became incorporated. In 2000, Excel-Air moved to its current location at the Jasper County Airport (KRZL).
Mission Statement: It is our intent, as employees of Excel-Air Services, Inc., to provide excellence of service to our customers through all aspects of their experience with us; from initial contact, to receiving their completed aircraft back from us.