DIRECTOR OF FIXED BASE OPERATIONS
Fort Wayne-Allen County Airport Authority is seeking a Director of Fixed Base Operations to be responsible for delivery of customer and FBO services, to include direct management and P&L responsibility for a world-class FBO at Fort Wayne International Airport – Fort Wayne Aero Center and the general aviation FBO at Smith Field Airport – Smith Field Aero Center. Includes oversight of all aspects of the FBOs including customer relations, line operations, fuel sales, hangar leasing, new business development, quality control, human resources, and environmental and safety compliance. The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience or 5-10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Also required is a minimum of five years’ experience at an airport that includes fueling commercial air carrier (cargo & passenger) aircraft.
July1, 2021 deadline
Excel-Air Services, Inc.
Position Title: Aviation Maintenance Technician (full-time)
Location: Jasper County Airport (KRZL), Rensselaer, Indiana
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 A.M. – 4 P.M.
Application Deadline: July 3rd
• Performance of annual inspections on a variety of general aviation aircraft with a strong focus on Grumman American.
• Major and minor repairs of sheet metal/structural repair work.
• Light weight involvement with avionics installs and modifications.
• Major and minor repairs to reciprocating aircraft engines.
• Performance of installations of supplemental type certificate kits/modifications.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• A&P Mechanic License
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Able to trouble-shoot, diagnose electrical/hydraulic issues.
• Strong detail orientation and an appreciation for the necessity of accuracy.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Able to work alongside customers. Able to work effectively under pressure.
• Work at a small, general aviation airport in a friendly Midwest environment. Lots of interaction with customers on owner-assisted annuals and repair work.
If interested, please send resume to:
John Sjaardema, I.A.
Excel-Air Services, Inc. – Jasper County Airport (KRZL) – 2326 W. Clark St. Rensselaer, IN 47978
About Excel-Air Services, Inc.
Located in Rensselaer, Indiana, Excel-Air Services, Inc. is a leader in the general aviation industry providing quality aircraft modification & maintenance services and is known world-wide in our specialization in Grummans. Excel-Air has been servicing aircraft for nearly 40 years, and has a technician staff with more than 90 years combined experience in aircraft maintenance.
Owner John Sjaardema received his A&P license in 1972, his IA in 1976, then served as a missionary & mechanic/pilot in Nigeria until 1982. After returning to the U.S., he started his own aircraft maintenance company in Kentland, IN, then moved it to DeMotte, IN where Excel-Air Services became incorporated. In 2000, Excel-Air moved to its current location at the Jasper County Airport (KRZL).
Mission Statement: It is our intent, as employees of Excel-Air Services, Inc., to provide excellence of service to our customers through all aspects of their experience with us; from initial contact, to receiving their completed aircraft back from us.